Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by DImuthu Upeksha <di...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/17 18:08:52 UTC

[GSoC]Integrate Load Balancers to Airavata Services

Hi all,

I'm Dimuthu Upeksha, a Computer Engineering undergraduate from University
of Moratuwa - Sri Lanka. I participated to GSoC 2013 and 2014 with Apache
Software Foundation. This year also I'm willing to apply for GSoC and found
project Apache Airavata very interesting

I have basic understanding about Thrift Framework. I would like to involve
in issue [1] if someone is not working on that. How should I proceed?

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-1625

Thanks
Dimuthu
--
Regards

W.Dimuthu Upeksha
Undergraduate

University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka

Re: [GSoC]Integrate Load Balancers to Airavata Services

Posted by DImuthu Upeksha <di...@gmail.com>.
Hi Suresh,

Yes I'm interested in it. I'll continue it on jira. Thank you for great
support

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 12:00 AM, Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Dimuthu,
>
> You may be interested in this project as well -
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-1635
>
> If so, ask your questions on the JIRA.
>
> Suresh
>
> On Mar 17, 2015, at 1:30 PM, DImuthu Upeksha <di...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> In addition to that you can find [4] [5] blog posts about those completed
> projects.
>
> [4]
> http://dimuthuupeksha.blogspot.com/2013/09/my-gsoc-project-generic-android-viewer.html
> [5]
> http://dimuthuupeksha.blogspot.com/2014/10/java-wrapper-for-tesseract-ocr-library.html
>
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 10:54 PM, DImuthu Upeksha <
> dimuthu.upeksha2@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Suresh,
>>
>> Thanks for the quick reply.
>>
>> In GSoC 2013 I worked with Apache ISIS. I was assigned to develop an
>> Android viewer for their REST backend. You can find sources from here [1].
>> This is not directly attached to ISIS codebase and my mentor needs to keep
>> this as a external module.
>>
>> In GSoC 2014 I worked with Apache PDFBox. I implemented a OCR plugin for
>> PDFBox to parse pdfs with scanned images. You can find Tesseract API [2]
>> and OCR plugin [3] projects that I have developed for that. My mentor John
>> Hewson mentioned that these projects will be added to next releases of
>> PDFBox.
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/DImuthuUpe/IsisAndroid
>> [2] https://github.com/DImuthuUpe/Tesseract-API
>> [3] https://github.com/DImuthuUpe/OCR-Plugin
>>
>> Thanks
>> Dimuthu
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 10:42 PM, Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Dimuthu,
>>>
>>> Thanks for your interest. I will follow up on the JIRA with more details
>>> on the task. Meanwhile, can you share your previous GSoC pointers so we get
>>> an idea?
>>>
>>> Suresh
>>>
>>> On Mar 17, 2015, at 1:08 PM, DImuthu Upeksha <di...@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'm Dimuthu Upeksha, a Computer Engineering undergraduate from
>>> University of Moratuwa - Sri Lanka. I participated to GSoC 2013 and 2014
>>> with Apache Software Foundation. This year also I'm willing to apply for
>>> GSoC and found project Apache Airavata very interesting
>>>
>>> I have basic understanding about Thrift Framework. I would like to
>>> involve in issue [1] if someone is not working on that. How should I
>>> proceed?
>>>
>>> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRAVATA-1625
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Dimuthu