Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by Tom Coleman <to...@soaringclub.org> on 2016/01/19 18:12:16 UTC

Maven build and javadoc

Hi

I'm trying to build the project using Maven.   2 dumb questions.  Sorry.

How can I generate javadoc from the maven root directory?

mvn javadoc:javadoc just creates an xml file: javadoc-options-javadoc-resources.xml.  Google didn’t really help.

And how can I get a version number into the jars?  Here’s what I get now:

./core/target/pivot-core-@VERSION@.jar

Thanks.

RE: Maven build and javadoc

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi all and sorry for the delay,
as Roger said Pivot maven files was mainly done to be able to generate and
publish jar files in main Maven repository  (central).
But all is driven by our Ant build; there is a dedicated task to let Ant
maven task (related jar is needed in CLASSPATH in this case) to generate
and install maven compatible jars in a local repository.

I know that we should update our build system to maven or gradle, but time
is needed to do it because there are other tasks not so simple to
migrate/rewrite.

Any  help is welcome :-) .

Tell me if you need more info on this.

Bye,
Sandro

RE: Maven build and javadoc

Posted by Roger Whitcomb <Ro...@actian.com>.

RE: Maven build and javadoc

Posted by Roger Whitcomb <Ro...@actian.com>.
Hi Tom,
	Welcome to Pivot!

	Two (hopefully helpful) answers:
1. I don't usually use Maven to build Pivot, but if you change the @VERSION@ in the "pom.xml" you will get that version in the file names.
2. I *think* we are missing Javadoc plugin information in the "pom.xml", but I'm stumped (as well) as to how to do it.  Maybe with the <reporting> option?  But, actually I can't even get "mvn install" to build things.

Can you use "ant" instead??  "ant package" works really well, as does "ant doc"....

Sandro set up the "pom.xml", so hopefully he can help more.

~Roger