Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Scott Kuehn <sc...@opower.com> on 2014/04/24 18:17:00 UTC

Options for limiting bandwidth in ExportSnapshot

Any recommendations on how to limit the bandwidth consumption of an
ExportSnapshot job?  I'd like to control bandwidth consumption so important
network workloads, like shuffling and balancing, are reserved some
bandwidth while a lower-priority ExportSnapshot job is running.

Note that distcp jobs provide the ability to limit bandwidth by exposing
the num-mappers and bandwidth options. I'm looking to achieve something
similar with ExportSnapshot.

ExportSnapshot ref (bottom of page):
http://hbase.apache.org/book/ops.snapshots.html

Re: Options for limiting bandwidth in ExportSnapshot

Posted by Scott Kuehn <sc...@opower.com>.
Ted -- thanks for the patch!  We're using hadoop 2.0.0-cdh4.5.0.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Scott:

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matteo Bertozzi <th...@gmail.com>.