Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Jason Rutherglen <ja...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/11 07:12:47 UTC

MMap certain files, leave the rest to the regular dir

On the topic of MMaping files. Would a Directory implementation
that transparently MMaps only certain files be interesting? It
could MMap files that are accessed frequently (term dict,
postings), as opposed to files such as docstores that are
accessed less frequently. This could be built using LUCENE-1618
so maybe this idea is just a benchmark.

RE: MMap certain files, leave the rest to the regular dir

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
This was my first idea, when I read the subject. The solution is
FileSwitchDirectory.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler