Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Adam Greene <ag...@professionalopensource.ca> on 2005/05/29 05:51:56 UTC

Inlining Email component

I just created a JavaMail component that takes whatever it wraps, analyzes the HTML, replacing all URLs with absolute urls (well, if the URL occurs in a src or href attribute), and optionally inlining the files (they become part of the email, and it even works for CSS files, and I assume javascript).  It still needs some work, like correctly supporting characters sets other than latin1 based one (even those I'm not willing to sign off on yet :-) and code clean up.

What I'm wondering is if there is serious enough interest to have this component donated to the community and how one would go about doing it, specifically licensing issues.  It uses NekoHTML for the analysis, whose license is based on the Apache Software License, version 1.1.  So can one include it?  Also coding conventions.  All the basic stuff that is meant to make your code readable / usuable by others.

Want High Value at a Low Price?
Then check out ProfessionalOpenSource.ca