Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Paul A. Hoadley" <pa...@logicsquad.net> on 2001/03/04 14:00:16 UTC

Precompiling stylesheets with Xalan-J 1.2.2

I'm experimenting with precompiling stylesheets using Xalan-J 1.2.2 (on
FreeBSD 4.2).  I've followed the FAQ at:

http://xml.apache.org/xalan/commandline.html#compiledstylesheet

precisely, but I consistently get the follwoing error:

[some long lines will wrap -- sorry]

-----
> java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -in PPPoE2.xml -xsl \
../xml/docbook/xsl/docbook/html/docbook.xsl -lxcout docbook.style
========= Parsing
file:/usr/home/paulh/xml/docbook/xsl/docbook/html/docbook.xsl ==========
Parse of file:/usr/home/paulh/xml/docbook/xsl/docbook/html/docbook.xsl
took 122011 milliseconds
========= Parsing file:/usr/home/paulh/tmp/PPPoE2.xml ==========
Parse of file:/usr/home/paulh/tmp/PPPoE2.xml took 143 milliseconds
=============================
Transforming...

[HTML output snipped]

transform took 8961 milliseconds
Error! org.apache.xalan.xslt.ExtensionNSHandler
Xalan: was not successful.
XSLProcessor: done
-----

Have I got the command line syntax correct?  Can anyone help me diagnose
this?

--
Paul.

mailto:paulh@logicsquad.net