Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> on 2009/04/01 18:04:39 UTC

OT - No Joke - Ted's Going Emeritus

Those of you long-in-the-tooth will have noticed that I've been
inactive in the Apache Struts project for some time now, and I've
requested a change of my Struts PMC status to emeritus.

Although others have now taken my place, I'd like to mention that
serving on the PMC has been both a pleasure and an honor for me. If
the winds of change bring my career back to Struts Island,  I would
not hesitate to become involved in the project once again.

As it stands, I've been working with a local (to me) firm that
specializes in providing system integration services to non-profits.
The work here is mainly .NET, and, even then, as a business analyst,
except for test cases, I'm not doing very much hands-on coding these
days. It's a great firm, and a great job. Compared to more hectic
times, I now feel like I'm semi-retired. :)

I am staying involved in the foundation by handling  the
"human-response at apache.org" mail box, and one of these years, I'd
like to drop by ApacheCon again. I am hoping to present again at Ajax
Experience this fall, and also at STPCon in November.

If there is every any questions about any of my past contributions,
please don't hesitate to ask.

And ... thanks for all the fish :)

-Ted.
http://twitter.com/tedhusted

Re: OT - No Joke - Ted's Going Emeritus

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
Good Luck Ted!

2009/4/1 Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>:
> I've been working with a local (to me) firm that
> specializes in providing system integration services to non-profits.
> The work here is mainly .NET

Err... is it a contradiction? :-D

> And ... thanks for all the fish :)

Is it another way to tell us that a new space highway will be built? :-)

Ciao
Antonio