Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by Eugene Kondrashev <eu...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/19 22:32:29 UTC

TabPane vertical orientation with horizontal text

Hi again!

I want to make TabPane with vertical orientation to show text in horizontal
dimantion, something like this:
_________|
|               |
| my label  |
| and icon  |
|________ |

As I understood the Skin components are responsible for the view
representation, but I definitely can't find the skin for the TabPane
component.

Can you point me the right direction, please?

Thanks,
Eugene

Re: TabPane vertical orientation with horizontal text

Posted by Chris Bartlett <cb...@gmail.com>.
Eugene,

You can't specify a skin for just one instance of a component, but you can
create a subclass of a Pivot Component, and then create a skin for it.

The attachment in this recent post might be useful.  It shows a custom
version of ImageView with a custom skin.
http://apache-pivot-users.399431.n3.nabble.com/KeyListeners-on-ImageView-tp2600622p2602733.html

Chris

Posted by Eugene Kondrashev <eu...@gmail.com>.