Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rivka Shisman <ri...@nite.org.il> on 2006/01/19 09:36:44 UTC

menu system in front of a J2EE application

Hi friends,

I need your advice about this:

I have a J2EE application that runs on Websphere application server.

The application contains a several web projects (WARs).

I need to implement a menu page that will be the front for all that web
projects.

1. Should that menu be a separate web project (WAR) in my application
and contain references to the other web projects? Or is there another
way?

2. Is struts-menu suitable for this purpose? Is it mature enough?

Thanks

Rivka

RE: menu system in front of a J2EE application

Posted by Marco Mistroni <mm...@waersystems.com>.
Hello
	Not sure if you could..
An idea would be to use AOP and instead of loading the menu from
The menu-config.xml you could load it from your database

That could be a possibility, since afaik the menu is always
Contained within MenuLoader (or something like that),so it's not read
>From menu-config.xml all the time

I guess the author (Matt Raible) would know better

Regards
	marco