Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Peter Beshai <pe...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/09 17:45:10 UTC

[T5] Page loads before data is refreshed

I have a problem where I am using a grid component to display the contents
of a list retrieved from a database: sometimes after modifying the list, the
page loads without refreshing the data.

In my page:

    @Cached
    public List<MyEntity> getMyEntities()
    {
        return _myEntityDAO.findAll();
    }

For instance, if I delete an item from the list using a control on that
page, and the page refreshes, the list will still show the item. If I click
refresh it will reload with the updated list. This only happens
occasionally, but it does happen more often than not.

Has anybody else encountered/fixed this?

Thanks,

Peter Beshai

Re: [T5] Page loads before data is refreshed

Posted by Josh Canfield <jo...@thedailytube.com>.
I've filed tickets for these problems:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-2338
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-2337

Josh

Posted by Josh Canfield <jo...@thedailytube.com>.
> I am actually not using Ajax for this, and the problem occurs with or
> without the @Cached annotation.

Ok, I don't know enough about the grid component to know what else
might be happening. Does your method get called when you refresh the
page? Do you have a 2nd level cache enabled in hibernate that might be
caching that data?

Josh

Posted by Peter Beshai <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hi Josh,