Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Warner Onstine <sw...@warneronstine.com> on 2005/06/16 18:44:27 UTC

how many people use the InspectorButton?

I have a small section on the InspectorButton (for 4.0) in my new book
(it's about 2 1/2 pages) and I was curious to see if anyone actually
uses the Inspector beyond the initial learning of how Tapestry works.
Right now I'm considering axing the section.

-warner

Re: how many people use the InspectorButton?

Posted by John Hendrikx <hj...@xs4all.nl>.
Warner Onstine wrote:

> I have a small section on the InspectorButton (for 4.0) in my new book
> (it's about 2 1/2 pages) and I was curious to see if anyone actually
> uses the Inspector beyond the initial learning of how Tapestry works.
> Right now I'm considering axing the section.

I've figured out the basics of Tapestry by now, but haven't ever used
this button yet.  I probably should try it :)

--John

Re: how many people use the InspectorButton?

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
Now that you mention it, I have to say that, even though during
development I always
enable the Inspector, I find that i never actually use it.
When my pages have errors, I just go back to the code and fix them
(and anyway, the Inspector isn't available when on error - perhaps it
should)
And when I want to see implementation details, I just go back to Eclipse.
So, I can safely say that I've only really used it when viewing other
people's code!

Posted by The Chris Method <th...@gmail.com>.
It always shows up for development in our app, but we rarely use it. The
only time I really use it is when I want to look at the template code to
make sure some change got pushed out correctly, but that's pretty rare.

Posted by Lukasz Kucharski <lk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
I'm trying to find time to fix the IB, but I don't know if that will
make it into beta-1.

On 6/16/05, Warner Onstine <sw...@warneronstine.com> wrote:
> I have a small section on the InspectorButton (for 4.0) in my new book
> (it's about 2 1/2 pages) and I was curious to see if anyone actually
> uses the Inspector beyond the initial learning of how Tapestry works.
> Right now I'm considering axing the section.
>
> -warner

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind