Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by nutch_newbie <ka...@hotmail.com> on 2008/06/12 20:51:05 UTC

Some quick help please- No search results on nutch-0.8.1

I would truly appreciate qucik help since i;m very short on time- thanks in
advance.
I have FC5, Java 1.6.0_06, Tomcat 5.5.16, and nutch-0.8.1.
I went through many tutorials and forums, trying to find my mistake, but no
luck...
Here is a piece i changed from my crawl-urlfilter.txt:
# accept hosts in MY.DOMAIN.NAME
+^http://([a-z0-9]*\.)*MY.DOMAIN.NAME/
+^http://([a-z0-9]*\.)*en.wikipedia.org/
+^http://([a-z0-9]*\.)*google.com/
+^http://([a-z0-9]*\.)*search.yahoo.com/
+^http://([a-z0-9]*\.)*apache.org/
+^http://([a-z0-9]*\.)*yahoo.com/
+^http://([a-z0-9]*\.)*amazon.com/
+^http://([a-z0-9]*\.)*about.com/
+^http://([a-z0-9]*\.)*bartleby.com/
+^http://([a-z0-9]*\.)*cnn.com/
+^http://([a-z0-9]*\.)*download.com/
+^http://([a-z0-9]*\.)*reference.com/
+^http://([a-z0-9]*\.)*wikipedia.org/
+^http://([a-z0-9]*\.)*www.weather.com/
+^http://([a-z0-9]*\.)*nih.gov/
+^http://([a-z0-9]*\.)*usa.gov/
+^http://([a-z0-9]*\.)*monster.com/
+^http://([a-z0-9]*\.)*time.com/time/

That looks right to me... here is the nutch0site.xml:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!-- Put site-specific property overrides in this file. -->

<configuration>
<property>
	<name>searcher.dir</name>
	<value>/usr/nutch-0.8.1/crawl/</value>
</property>
<property>
	<name>plugin.includes</name>

<value>protocol-file|protocol-http|parse-(text|html)|index-basic|query-(basic|site|url)</value>
</property>

<property>

	<name>http.agent.name</name>

	<value>Kate</value>

	<description>Kate

	</description>

</property>

<property>

	<name>http.agent.description</name>

	<value>Nutch spiderman</value>

	<description> Nutch spiderman

	</description>

</property>

<property>

	<name>http.agent.email</name>

	<value>MyEmail</value>

	<description>kateiafrika@hotmail.com

	</description>

</property>

</configuration>

That looks right too.
I ran the crawler, and it seems just fine. and  in
localhost:8080/nutch-0.8.1 the nutch search window is displayed, but
whenever something is searched, the results always say "Hits 0-0 (out of
about 0 total matching pages): "
Can somebody please, please tell me what i'm doing wrong/not doing?
Thanks you :working:

Re: Some quick help please- No search results on nutch-0.8.1

Posted by Chris Anderson <jc...@grabb.it>.
people have been having better luck with trunk lately, in my experience.

svn links are here: http://lucene.apache.org/nutch/version_control.html

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 6:15 PM, nutch_newbie <ka...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Just to be sertain it was my mistake, i also tried to install nutch-0.7.2 AND
> 0.9, but i get the same problem.

Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com

Re: Some quick help please- No search results on nutch-0.8.1

Posted by nutch_newbie <ka...@hotmail.com>.