Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Terrence Brannon <me...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/27 16:55:27 UTC

external-refs elaboration requested

I found the docs on external refs to be a bit terse. Given the external refs
in the sample site.xml:

 <external-refs>
    <forrest href="http://forrest.apache.org/">
      <linking href="docs/linking.html"/>
      <validation href="docs/validation.html"/>
      <webapp href="docs/your-project.html#webapp"/>
      <dtd-docs href="docs/dtd-docs.html"/>
    </forrest>
    <cocoon href="http://cocoon.apache.org/"/>
    <xml.apache.org href="http://xml.apache.org/"/>
  </external-refs>

I would like to know how to form ext: elements these:

* http://forrest.apache.org/docs/validation.html
* http://cocoon.apache.org/
* http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/features.html

Thanks,
Terrence

Re: external-refs elaboration requested

Posted by Terrence Brannon <me...@gmail.com>.
Yes, thanks. I only needed to read further and the discussion on "ambiguity"
and its merits made it clear how to handle each case I concocted.

Sorry about jumping the gun on the questions.

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Terrence Brannon wrote:
> I found the docs on external refs to be a bit terse.

Patches are welcome...

> Given the external
> refs in the sample site.xml:
>
>  <external-refs>
>     <forrest href="http://forrest.apache.org/ <http://forrest.apache.org/>">
>       <linking href="docs/linking.html"/>
>       <validation href="docs/validation.html"/>
>       <webapp href="docs/your-project.html#webapp"/>
>       <dtd-docs href="docs/dtd- docs.html"/>
>     </forrest>
>     <cocoon href="http://cocoon.apache.org/"/>
>     <xml.apache.org <http://xml.apache.org> href=" http://xml.apache.org/"/>
>   </external-refs>
>
> I would like to know how to form ext: elements these:

Looking at:
http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70/linking.html#indirect-linking

(which may be the docs you refer to above - as I say, patches welcome)

> * http://forrest.apache.org/docs/validation.html

ext:forrest/validation

> * http://cocoon.apache.org/

ext:cocoon