Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by John Martin <pb...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/27 16:58:09 UTC

Service permissions problem

I've created a facade service that in turn calls a few other services.
 The problem I am having is that one of the services requires an
account with the proper permissions which the user invoking the facade
service doesn't.

I have populated the context with username/password of an authorized
account which works but I didn't know if this is the best practice.
It isn't my first choice since I then have to store the
username/password in a properties file to reference. Is there a better
way of doing this?

Thanks,

John

Re: Service permissions problem

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.
This sort of thing is what the "system" account is intended for.

Either way, when doing something like this you should just look up
the UserLogin from the db and pass that in instead of passing in the
username/password.

-David