Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Julian Hyde <jh...@gmail.com> on 2022/03/07 22:22:44 UTC

Bugs dropped on the floor

There were a few bugs that had fix-version = 1.30 because they had PRs that looked like they were going to make it. Liya has removed the fix version.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-4908 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-4908>
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-2552 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-2552>
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-4987 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-4987>
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-4913 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-4913>

Is that where we’re going to leave it?

It breaks my heart that there we are ignoring good PRs.

Julian

Re: Bugs dropped on the floor

Posted by Fan Liya <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi Francis and Ruben,

Thanks for your kind help.
I have set the fix version of the following JIRAs to 1.31.0 (their original
fix version was 1.30.0). Please check.

CALCITE-5021
CALCITE-4992
CALCITE-4990
CALCITE-4987
CALCITE-4976
CALCITE-4913
CALCITE-4908
CALCITE-4887
CALCITE-2552

Best,
Liya Fan

Ruben Q L <ru...@gmail.com> 于2022年3月8日周二 07:54写道:

Re: Bugs dropped on the floor

Posted by Ruben Q L <ru...@gmail.com>.

Re: Bugs dropped on the floor

Posted by Francis Chuang <fr...@apache.org>.
Hey Liya,

Re: Bugs dropped on the floor

Posted by Fan Liya <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ruben,

Re: Bugs dropped on the floor

Posted by Fan Liya <li...@gmail.com>.

Re: Bugs dropped on the floor

Posted by Ruben Q L <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

In the "Towards Calcite 1.30.0" thread, when Liya Fan suggested last Friday
for RC0, nobody objected or requested a delay to try to squeeze in any
pending PR.
We can set these tickets fix-version = 1.31 and aim for that version, which
should be out in 8 weeks (or sooner if required).

Regarding  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-4976 this was
probably a mistake. It seems there has been some misunderstanding, because
there are currently two tickets "Release Calcite 1.30.0": that one and also
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-5031, created by Liya Fan
later (probably following the release managing instructions, without
realizing that there was already a ticket for that purpose). Should we
close the newer ticket as a duplicate and keep the original one (re-setting
its fix-version = 1.30)?

Best,
Ruben

Re: Bugs dropped on the floor