Posted to user@struts.apache.org by aum strut <au...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/09 12:32:35 UTC

Struts 1 or Struts 2

Hi All,

I have a small query and hope that here i can get the best answer of my
query. ihave just started learning Struts 2.
the purpose of learning struts is simple i have some projects at my end
which i want to develop using this framework.
My purpose is also to learn this technology as much as possible.
My only confusion is which one should i opt as both are new for me and one
more thing time is not much constraint for the development of project.

Please suggest me the best possible options which will help in my learning
curve and well as my professional aspect.

Thanks in advance..
--aum

Re: Struts 1 or Struts 2

Posted by aum strut <au...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ted,

I think that you have cleared all my doubts in the last line.

:)

-Aum

Re: Struts 1 or Struts 2

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.

Re: Struts 1 or Struts 2

Posted by aum strut <au...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for helping me out.
yes there are only 0.1% chances that my company will shift for this
technology but one thing is sure that i am very much interested in this
platform and will surely going to look for the opportunites in this area.

more over i want to mention here that my keen interest in not in developing
applications using this platform(but i have to develop applications ;)), but
my interest is in core programming.
-aum

Re: Struts 1 or Struts 2

Posted by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com>.

Re: Struts 1 or Struts 2

Posted by aum strut <au...@gmail.com>.
Hi Adam,

Re: Struts 1 or Struts 2

Posted by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com>.
 From a career point-of-view, there are different factors affecting this,
including whether you are looking for permanent positions or contract work, what
the local job market is like where you are, and what sort of jobs you would
apply for.

In a consultancy for instance, you are more likely to need Struts1 I think, but
as a freelancer working on new projects, maybe Struts2 or Spring MVC (or even
Spring Webflow). But then if you are a recent graduate, you may not be expected
to know either.

There is even an argument that you should learn both (if learning is more a

Re: Struts 1 or Struts 2

Posted by aum strut <au...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ted,

Re: Struts 1 or Struts 2