Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Frederik Colardyn <fr...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/24 12:08:41 UTC

how to send large attachments with axis to non axis clients

Hello all,

Our customer wants to have a webservivce which can return a rather large
.csv file. As our application servers don't have an exuberance of free
memory, we want to stream the attached cvs to the requesting client, instead
of loading the entire csv in memory and send as an ordinary attachment (eg
xsd:hexBinary).

When using java2wsdl on an interface that returns a
java.xml.transform.Source (actually a StreamSource), axis generates a wsdl
with attachment of type "apacheSoap". This works great when using an axis
generated client, which can use the apache datahandler to read the streaming
attachment, but other clients like a weblogic fail because they don't know
what "apacheSoap" is and how they have to read it.

Is there any way to stream a file using Axis webservices in a crossplatform
way?

--
Frederik Colardyn

J2EE developper / Technical Consultant