Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Brian SJ Wong <br...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2004/07/01 00:21:40 UTC

RE: I need help about deploying a servlet in tomcat

Well, I guess that I am totally lost:( This is the first time I use Tomcat and I don't know nothing about it. I already installed JDK and set the environment variable such as JAVA_HOME and set the class path very well. I used java before and every thing is fine. I am going to use the ROOT folder to store my servlets. There is a web.xml file in that folder and I only alter the information about the servlet that I am going to put, which is the HelloWorld. I only wrote the HelloWorld.java and put them in the ../ROOT/WEB-INF/classes folder. Actually I also tried to put the HelloWorld.java to the ../Servlet-Examples/WEB-INF/classes. I was hoping that when I invoke the http://localhost:8081/servlet/HelloWorld, it will automatically compile the HelloWorld.java and make the class. I tried to read the tomcat documentation but I am still not be able to make any progress.

Please give me a thorough and step-by-step guidance. Thank you very much.

Brian

---------------------------------

RE: I need help about deploying a servlet in tomcat

Posted by Schalk <sc...@volume4.co.za>.
By this I mean compiling it outside of Tomcat i.e. from command line etc.

Kind Regards
Schalk Neethling
Volume4.Development.Multimedia.Branding
Tel: +27125468436
Fax: +27125468436
email:schalk@volume4.co.za
web: www.volume4.co.za

confidential and may not be forwarded or disclosed to any other party
without the permission of the sender. If you received this message in error,
please notify me immediately so that I can correct and delete the original
email. Thank you.

Posted by Schalk <sc...@volume4.co.za>.
[...]

::
:: Please give me a thorough and step-by-step guidance. Thank you very much.
::
:: Brian
::
::
::
::  ALL-NEW Yahoo! Messenger - sooooo many all-new ways to express yourself