Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Eric Le Goff <el...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/05 14:01:31 UTC

Objectweb annual conference

The 4th edition of the Objectweb consortium  will take place in Lyon
(France) from 17 to 19 january.
I would be very happy to meet some geronimo's there and taste some
beers with you ;)

Here is the detailled program :
http://wiki.objectweb.org/ObjectWebCon05/Wiki.jsp?page=DetailedProgram

I hope some of you will attend ;)
---
Eric

Re: Objectweb annual conference

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@4quarters.com>.
On Jan 5, 2005, at 8:01 AM, Eric Le Goff wrote:

> The 4th edition of the Objectweb consortium  will take place in Lyon
> (France) from 17 to 19 january.
> I would be very happy to meet some geronimo's there and taste some
> beers with you ;)
>
> Here is the detailled program :
> http://wiki.objectweb.org/ObjectWebCon05/Wiki.jsp?page=DetailedProgram
>
> I hope some of you will attend ;)

I was really hoping to make it, but I have a commitment on the 17th in
California that I just can't get out of at this point. (I would try,
but it's too late to do it w/ any courtesy...).  However, maybe I can
redeye it out and make some of it....

geir

geir@gluecode.com

Re: Objectweb annual conference

Posted by Francois Letellier <fr...@objectweb.org>.
At 18:00 20/01/2005, Eric Le Goff wrote:
> > I intend to be there - especially with beer involved :-)

Hmm. There was some beer involved, and very intersting food for those who
like meat -- uh, I mean MEAT.
This was the good side of organizing the conference in Lyon...

>Too bad I could not find you there, because it was a really nice
>conference and the ObjectWeb community really diserves congratulations
>for their organization.

Thanks Eric. It was a pleasure to meet you there in person.

>  BTW there was a very interesting BOF about ObjectWeb/Apache
>collaboration and we were really missing Geronimo committers to
>illustrate what is a concrete example of collaboration /interactions
>between the two communities.
>
>Previously , Brian Behlendorf was  a keynote speaker (about the deeply
>intertwined relationship between open source software and open
>standards) but he had to travel to London and could not stay with us.
>
>Anyway, I expect to meet geronimo commiters  at a future conference
>such as ApacheCon in Stuttgart (Germany) next summer ;)
>
>--
>Eric Le Goff
>http://ericlegoff.homelinux.net

François LETELLIER
INRIA Rhône-Alpes - ObjectWeb Consortium Executive Committee
email: francois.letellier at objectweb.org - phone: +33 (0)6 84 64 00 24
http://www.objectweb.org - ObjectWeb middleware : provide your applications
with the kind of freedom they deserve !

Re: Objectweb annual conference

Posted by Eric Le Goff <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.
Eric Le Goff wrote:
> The 4th edition of the Objectweb consortium  will take place in Lyon
> (France) from 17 to 19 january.
> I would be very happy to meet some geronimo's there and taste some
> beers with you ;)
>
> Here is the detailled program :
> http://wiki.objectweb.org/ObjectWebCon05/Wiki.jsp?page=DetailedProgram
>
> I hope some of you will attend ;)

I intend to be there - especially with beer involved :-)
--
Jeremy

Re: Objectweb annual conference

Posted by Francois Letellier <fr...@objectweb.org>.
At 14:01 05/01/2005, Eric Le Goff wrote:
>The 4th edition of the Objectweb consortium  will take place in Lyon
>(France) from 17 to 19 january.
>I would be very happy to meet some geronimo's there and taste some
>beers with you ;)
>
>Here is the detailled program :
>http://wiki.objectweb.org/ObjectWebCon05/Wiki.jsp?page=DetailedProgram
>
>I hope some of you will attend ;)

Hi Eric,

although not technically a Geronimo developer, I'll be happy to see you
there. Brian Behlendorf will be there too (hmm, not Geronimo either ;-).
Appart from beers, there are BOF opportunities -- and it may be a good way
to chat about Apache / ObjectWeb synergies (just the way we did at ApacheCon).

See you there.