Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/20 21:28:17 UTC

Re: Transferring Repositories

>> I don't know if there are any problems with doing this with tags, but
>> we cannot do this which commits without eventually really mucking up
>> the history.
>>
>> Commits must go in on direction.  For the time being, I think it must
>> work like this:
>>
>>   * There must be no changes directly to the apache repositories
>>   * All changes to the apache repositories must be pull from the
>>     Bitbucket repositories.
>>
>> Whenever the PPMC determines that it is time for the transition, we
>> must switch this:
>>
>>   * There must be no changs to directly to the Bitbucket repoositories
>>   * All changes the Bitbuckbucket repositories must be pulled from
>>     the Apache repositories.
>>
> Hmm.. I see Xaio Xiang has proposed just the opposite:
>
> We can use the mix style beforedev@nuttx.apache.org  could add the attachment:
>
> 1.Patch send in the google group
> 2.Greg commit to ASF' repo
>
> And then improvde the process step by step:
>
> 1.Instruct people send patch todev@nuttx.apache.org  once the attachment work
> 2.Greg stop submit patch directly once the new automation workflow is ready
>
> I think once the code transfer to ASF, we should start to commit the
> patch to ASF' repo immediately, and mirror the change to bitbucket.
>
> I suppose we have to decide. I have talking the flow at the top for
> sometime and assumed that is what we are going. The other is possible
> too. I suppose the PPMC should decide.

The Apache repository started out 3 commits behind the Bitbucket repository:

    commit 54d6a0768ccd0e386b67723cc1a24e9e9fff902a
    Author: Daniel Pereira Volpato <dp...@certi.org.br>
    Date:   Fri Dec 20 13:07:31 2019 -0600

         boards/arm/stm32f0l0g0/:  Fix issues noted by nxstyle.

    commit b9638de3887d6a715c95bb4ee311ab4c52c33ff0
    Author: Guillherme Amaral <gv...@certi.org.br>
    Date:   Fri Dec 20 13:04:34 2019 -0600

         boards/arm/stm32f0l0g0/nucleo-g070rb:  Enable I2C.

    commit eeed40aa0ce4e6e343696f2e702cee00ca4e20d9
    Author: Guillherme Amaral <gv...@certi.org.br>
    Date:   Fri Dec 20 13:02:13 2019 -0600

         arch/arm/src/stm32f0l0g0/ and
    boards/arm/stm32f0l0g0/nucleo-g070rb/include/board.h:  Add I2C
    pinmap.  In Kconfig select I2C2 for this part.  Update I2C pin
    definitions in board.h.

Those are in Bitbucket but not in Apache

Greg

Re: Transferring Repositories

Posted by Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com>.
> They should be in sync now.
> Those were probably created just after the transfer.

There was a window in time between when the time that Abdelatif's
bitbucket clone was updated and when when it was pushed to Apache.

For my point of view, the commits were pushed before the repositories
were created, but there is an inherent race condition here.

Greg

Re: Transferring Repositories

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Well that answers a question that was asked earlier:  Which repository is a mirror of the other?  Either gitbox.apache.org is a mirror of github.com/apache or two two URLs are linked to the same repository in some fashion.

The gitbox is the primary repo and any change to it are synced to GitHub. Also any changes to GitHub are synced to GitBox.

If thing do get out of sync (it sometimes but rarely happens) go to [1] and click on synchronise git repositories.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://selfserve.apache.org

Re: Transferring Repositories

Posted by Alan Carvalho de Assis <ac...@gmail.com>.
On 12/20/19, Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Alan, I see that you brought these changes into the Apache.  I was
>>> surpised to see that the same changes are in the gitbox.apache.org
>>> repository are in the github.com/apache repositories.  Can you please
>>> clarify what you did here?  Did you
>>>
>>>    * Modify https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-nuttx.git
>>> and
>>>      the changes were mirrored to
>>>      https://github.com/apache/incubator-nuttx --OR--
>>>    * Modify https://github.com/apache/incubator-nuttx and the changes
>>>      were mirrored to
>>>      https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-nuttx.git
>>>
>>> The messages from commit@apache.org suggest you did the first. Is that
>>> correct? Dig you modify gitbox?
>>>
>>> Are the two repositories "linked" in some way so that they are
>>> equivalent?  Or are they separate and one is mirroring the other?
>>>
>>> I ask because in the morning when the next commits (but hopefully not
>>> PRs) show up, do I commit them to
>>> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-nuttx.git or to
>>> https://github.com/apache/incubator-nuttx.  If I know which you
>>> modified, then I will do the same because it worked quite well.
>> I used the ssh://git@github.com/apache/incubator-nuttx
>
> Well that answers a question that was asked earlier:  Which repository
> is a mirror of the other?  Either gitbox.apache.org is a mirror of
> github.com/apache or two two URLs are linked to the same repository in
> some fashion.

I suppose they work syncronized like a single repo. But we pushed to
github, not to gitbox.

Probably pushing to gitbox also will work.

BR,

Alan

Re: Transferring Repositories

Posted by Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com>.