Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by "Nguyen, Joseph" <Jo...@Gateway.com> on 2006/08/15 18:40:59 UTC

Schema to existing java type

Hi,

  I am quite new to XMLBeans.  With Castor, I was able to map schemas to
existing java types via mapping file.

I am trying to achieve the same thing with XMLBeans.  So far, I have
been able to config the generated package names and class names via the
.xsdconfig file.  But what I really want to do is to transparently map
the schema to my existing java types( I cannot modify these java types).
Currently, I generated XMLBean classes and then mapped these classes to
my existing java classes.  I don't really like this approach because it
increases code maintainability and may introduce bugs.  I read one of
the BEA articles suggesting that I need to use Xquery to handle the
mapping.  Are there other ways to do this?  Could someone point me to
the right direction?

Thanks.