Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by we...@interia.pl on 2005/02/21 19:24:11 UTC

International collation orders

Hi,

As for current Derby state, is it possible to use localized sorting in VARCHAR and CHAR fields?
It should be simple as Derby is pure java program. It just need to use proper java.text.Collator class instance.
Is there any way to provide Collator object to derby server so it can sort strings accurately to my JVM locale?

Maciek

Re: International collation orders

Posted by Suavi Ali Demir <de...@yahoo.com>.
Does Derby use database locale or JVM locale for this
purpose?
Regards,
Ali