Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Paul Gamble <pj...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/20 14:37:02 UTC

Qpid M2.1 cpp build problems

Hi All

This might be pure stupidity/ignorance on my part, but any pointers to
fixing this would be gratefully accepted.

I'm attempting to build the M2.1 cpp Qpid broker and client on Linux Mint
v4.0 (based on Ubuntu "Gutsy") without much success.

If I perform a default build (./bootstrap; ./configure; make; make install)
after ensuring that all the pre-requisites (including installing Apache
Runtime Library) have been met, it completes successfully. However,
attempting to run the broker gives me the following error:
root@withnail:~# /usr/local/sbin/qpidd
Error [90023] This function has not been implemented on this pl
(sys/apr/LFProcessor.cpp:46)
root@withnail:~#

If I attempt to build whilst specifying configure's "--disable-apr", the
build fails:
./bootstrap
./configure --disable-apr
make
<snip>
 g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I../../gen -I../../lib/common/sys
-I../../lib/common/framing -Werror -pedantic -Wall -Wextra -Wno-shadow
-Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wno-long-long
-Wvolatile-register-var -Winvalid-pch -Wno-system-headers -g -O2 -MT
APRAcceptor.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/APRAcceptor.Tpo -c sys/apr/APRAcceptor.cpp
-fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/APRAcceptor.o
sys/apr/APRAcceptor.cpp:23:23: error: apr_pools.h: No such file or directory
In file included from sys/apr/APRAcceptor.cpp:24:
sys/apr/LFProcessor.h:24:22: error: apr_poll.h: No such file or directory
In file included from sys/apr/APRAcceptor.cpp:25:
etc, etc...
</snip>

I'm a tad stuck...

Many thanks,
Paul Gamble

Re: Qpid M2.1 cpp build problems

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
Paul Gamble wrote:
> This might be pure stupidity/ignorance on my part, but any pointers to
> fixing this would be gratefully accepted.
>
> I'm attempting to build the M2.1 cpp Qpid broker and client on Linux Mint
> v4.0 (based on Ubuntu "Gutsy") without much success.
>
> If I perform a default build (./bootstrap; ./configure; make; make install)
> after ensuring that all the pre-requisites (including installing Apache
> Runtime Library) have been met, it completes successfully. However,
> attempting to run the broker gives me the following error:
> root@withnail:~# /usr/local/sbin/qpidd
> Error [90023] This function has not been implemented on this pl
> (sys/apr/LFProcessor.cpp:46)
> root@withnail:~#

That sounds like apr is getting confused in determining the platform and
therefore the appropriate support for pollset creation. I'm not an
expert on apr so can't suggest anything that might cause this off the
top of my head (it should just use epoll on linux I believe). Maybe
worth googling whether anyone else has had any apr issue on Linux Mint
v4.0...

> If I attempt to build whilst specifying configure's "--disable-apr", the
> build fails

I don't believe M2.1 can be built without apr; the alternative was to my
recollection never completed on that branch (Alan, Andrew can you confirm?).

If you want to run a c++ based broker, the one on trunk is now far ahead
of whats on M2.1 so that might be worth looking at (it implements a
later version of the AMQP spec as well which is something to be aware of
however).