Posted to user@struts.apache.org by mjparme <mj...@west.com> on 2007/10/05 23:21:44 UTC

Where is struts-*.tld

I downloaded Struts 2.0.9 (binary release) and the files struts-bean.tld,
struts-html.tld, and struts-logic.tld is nowhere to be found. All the
documentation I have read said it should be in the lib directory. This
documentation appears to be geared to Struts 1.x though.

I have scoured google and docs on struts.apache.org and can't find where
these files are!! It has been very frustrating. All the getting started
guides say to put these files in WEB-INF but then don't tell you where to
get these files from!

Could anyone tell me where to get these tld files from?

Re: Where is struts-*.tld

Posted by mjparme <mj...@west.com>.
Thanks for the information!

It all makes sense now:-)

I have previously used Struts 1; however, that project was setup long ago
and I just have add to some new fucntionality to on occasion. This is the
first time I have setup a struts application from scratch. The app I am
using as an example is Struts 1.x. I have discovered there is quite a bit of
difference between Struts 1 and 2. However, things are going pretty
smoothly...(the "missing" tld's have been my only real problem).

Re: Where is struts-*.tld

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Re: Where is struts-*.tld

Posted by mjparme <mj...@west.com>.
Normally, I would jump at the chance to learn something new but I am soon
leaving my current team for a different team (same company) so want to get
my current project done for my current team before I leave, so will stick
with Struts 1 because of a time crunch. Plus the other developers on the
team currently use Struts 1 so they will be able to maintain my code when I
leave.

I will defintely take a look Struts 2 if another web project comes my way
(my new team tends to do more backend server programming with Swing
frontends, usually with ActiveMQ in between).

Re: Where is struts-*.tld

Posted by Jim Cushing <ji...@mac.com>.
It is very different, but I'd still encourage you to play with it.
I've been using it for a few months (though I had played with WebWork
before), and I love it. I've found it light years ahead of Struts
1.x, and not nearly as frustrating as Spring MVC. It's got a learning
curve, like any framework, and some of the concepts (such as the
interceptor) seem esoteric at first, but they grow on you, and begin
to look more and more like a brilliant architecture the more I work
with them.

Re: Where is struts-*.tld

Posted by mjparme <mj...@west.com>.

Re: Where is struts-*.tld

Posted by Jim Cushing <ji...@mac.com>.
Those files don't exist in Struts 2. Struts 2 is very different than
Struts 1, and is based off of WebWork, so many of the files and JSP
you're used to don't exist, struts-*.tld among them.

All the JSP tags included with S2 start with <s:> (e.g., <s:url>),
instead of <bean:>, <logic:>, etc.