Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Marcus Sorensen <sh...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/31 01:36:31 UTC

Router command slowness

Occasionally in the agent logs I see:

sudo: unable to resolve host r-410-VM

When virtual router commands are run. I decided to dig into it today,
and added "127.0.0.1 r-410-VM" to the /etc/hosts file on the router.
WOW, what a difference, most of the router commands are far faster
now. Adding IPs for example is pretty much instant, rather than 15-20
seconds. I'll push a change to /etc/init.d/cloud-early-config if
nobody objects.

Re: Router command slowness

Posted by Marcus Sorensen <sh...@gmail.com>.
Yes, it IS specific to VPC, and is fixed. It makes sense that someone
would have left it out due to the VPC router having several IPs,
unfortunately iptables wants to resolve our hostname. The fix is in
master.

RE: Router command slowness

Posted by Marcus Sorensen <sh...@gmail.com>.

RE: Router command slowness

Posted by Jayapal Reddy Uradi <ja...@citrix.com>.

Re: Router command slowness

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@citrix.com>.

Re: Router command slowness

Posted by Marcus Sorensen <sh...@gmail.com>.
Virtual router deploys/reboots in 1/3 the time! Woo hoooooo!

Re: Router command slowness

Posted by Ahmad Emneina <Ah...@citrix.com>.