Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Shivam Sharma <28...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/12 17:10:35 UTC

Add hive-site.xml at runtime

Hi,

I have multiple hive configurations(hive-site.xml) and because of that only
I am not able to add any hive configuration in spark *conf* directory. I
want to add this configuration file at start of any *spark-submit* or
*spark-shell*. This conf file is huge so *--conf* is not a option for me.

Note :- I have tried user@spark.apache.org and my mail was bouncing each
time so Sean Owen suggested to mail dev.(
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-19546). Please give solution to
above ticket also if possible.

Thanks

--
Shivam Sharma

Re: Add hive-site.xml at runtime

Posted by Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID>.
Shivam,

We add hive-site.xml at runtime. We use --driver-class-path to add it to
the driver and --jars to add it for the executors.

rb

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer