Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Matthew Langham <ml...@s-und-n.de> on 2002/02/25 10:10:26 UTC

Carsten - Out of Action

Hi,

just to let you know that Carsten will be out of action for a while. He
played around with a chain-saw at the weekend...and injured his hand. At
least the fingers are still _there_ :-).

..he should be back in a couple of weeks.

Matthew

Tel:+49-5251-1581-30  mlangham@s-und-n.de - http://www.s-und-n.de
           Weblogging at: http://www.need-a-cake.com

Re: Carsten - Out of Action

Posted by Michael Hartle <mh...@hartle-klug.com>.
Matthew Langham wrote:

>just to let you know that Carsten will be out of action for a while. He
>played around with a chain-saw at the weekend...and injured his hand. At
>least the fingers are still _there_ :-).

My god, I know why I personally stick to manual-powered tools; best
wishes, hopefully he's back soon without any permanent issues.

Best regards,

Michael Hartle,
Hartle & Klug GbR

Re: Carsten - Out of Action

Posted by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org>.
Matthew Langham wrote:

> just to let you know that Carsten will be out of action for a while. He
> played around with a chain-saw at the weekend...and injured his hand. At
> least the fingers are still _there_ :-).

Ouch! We should start thinking about having an insurance on valuable
programmers, like pianists and the like. :)

Carsten, I really do hope you'll get well soon. My best wishes.

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino

RE: Carsten - Out of Action

Posted by Matthew Langham <ml...@s-und-n.de>.
Thanks for all your well-wishes! I have forwarded them to Carsten (not
exactly sure how he will be able to turn his home computer on to read them
though.. :-)). And I couldn't resist weblogging this "accident" :
http://www.need-a-cake.com/2002/02/25.html#a73

Re: Carsten - Out of Action

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.
At 1:59 pm +0100 25/2/02, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>Matthew Langham wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>just to let you know that Carsten will be out of action for a while. He
>>played around with a chain-saw at the weekend...and injured his hand. At
>>least the fingers are still _there_ :-).
>>
>>..he should be back in a couple of weeks.
>>
>>Matthew
>>
>Ouch, that hurts :((
>
>I experienced such a thing 10 years ago and use since then hand-powered
>tools as much as possible. Please send him all our wishes for a quick
>recovery.

I chopped the end off my left index finger 15 years ago, I was cutting
wooden wedges with a chisel (a hand tool), and had to have it sewn back on.

Beware, blunt hand tools are much more dangerous than sharp ones ;)

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre

   <ma...@mac.com>     		 <http://www.media.demon.co.uk>
   <phone:+44.[0].20.7737.6831>             <pa...@vizzavi.net>

Re: Carsten - Out of Action

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
Matthew Langham wrote:

>Hi,
>
>just to let you know that Carsten will be out of action for a while. He
>played around with a chain-saw at the weekend...and injured his hand. At
>least the fingers are still _there_ :-).
>
>..he should be back in a couple of weeks.
>
>Matthew

Ouch, that hurts :((

I experienced such a thing 10 years ago and use since then hand-powered
tools as much as possible. Please send him all our wishes for a quick
recovery.

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez

RE: Carsten - Out of Action

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: Matthew Langham [mailto:mlangham@s-und-n.de]
>
> Hi,
>
> just to let you know that Carsten will be out of action for a while.
He
> played around with a chain-saw at the weekend...and injured his hand.
At
> least the fingers are still _there_ :-).

Brrr..

> ..he should be back in a couple of weeks.

Send him best wishes! Hope doctors will aggregate him correctly...

Vadim

RE: Carsten - Out of Action

Posted by Leo Sutic <le...@inspireinfrastructure.com>.
First off, best wishes to Carsten. Hopefully his hand(s) are not permanently
damaged. Wish him well from cocoon-dev if you visit him, Matthew.

And now back to our regular fare.

> From: Koen Pellegrims [mailto:koen.pellegrims@pandora.be]
>
> <map:match pattern="Carsten">
>   <map:aggregate>
>     <map:part src="carsten/hand"/>
>     <map:part src="carsten/fingers"/>
>   </map:aggregate>
>   <map:serialize type="human_flesh"/>
> </map:match>

Or, as Stefano (I think) put it in his mail about pipelines:

    Carsten ----> Chainsaw ---> Carsten

                      \-------> Fingers

Do *that* in ZOPE!

/LS

Re: Carsten - Out of Action

Posted by Koen Pellegrims <ko...@pandora.be>.
:-)

Re: Carsten - Out of Action

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.

Re: Carsten - Out of Action

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> many thanks for all your wishes - Matthew has collected them for me
> and forwarded them! My fingers are nearly alright now and I can move
> them as "before".
>
> As you can guess by this mail, I'm not "out of action" anymore and
> I'm currently trying to get through the amount of 3500 emails that
> arrived here during the last two weeks. So don't expect too much
> from me in the next hours :).

Welcome back!

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin

RE: Carsten - Out of Action

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Steven Noels wrote:

> Carsten wrote:
>
> > I think using a mouse with a foot is much easier than using
> > the keyboard
> > as I can't bend my toes enough to select one single button at a time.
> > But perhaps with more practive it's possible.
>                               ^
> Yeah, right! :p

Argh, ok no more english emails for today... :)

Carsten

RE: Carsten - Out of Action

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
Carsten wrote:

> I think using a mouse with a foot is much easier than using
> the keyboard
> as I can't bend my toes enough to select one single button at a time.
> But perhaps with more practive it's possible.
                              ^
Yeah, right! :p

</Steven>

RE: Carsten - Out of Action

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> >PS: No, I didn't tried to write with my feed.
> >
> Do you mean "feet" ? I've read once some "best of" stories about
> computer hot-lines : there was a man complaining using the mouse was a
> difficult thing. After much discussion, it appeared the man was using
> the mouse... with his foot ! Way difficult, especially for the wheel ;)

Thanks, oh my, too much german in the last weeks without any english...
yes, feet was the word I wanted to type!

Re: Carsten - Out of Action

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Hi,
>
>many thanks for all your wishes - Matthew has collected them for me
>and forwarded them! My fingers are nearly alright now and I can move
>them as "before".

Hi Carsten. Glad you're back :-)

>As you can guess by this mail, I'm not "out of action" anymore and
>I'm currently trying to get through the amount of 3500 emails that
>arrived here during the last two weeks. So don't expect too much
>from me in the next hours :).

Hehe, 3501 with this one ;)

>Thanks,
>
>Carsten
>
>PS: No, I didn't tried to write with my feed.

Do you mean "feet" ? I've read once some "best of" stories about
computer hot-lines : there was a man complaining using the mouse was a
difficult thing. After much discussion, it appeared the man was using
the mouse... with his foot ! Way difficult, especially for the wheel ;)

Cheers,
Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez