Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Hagar Delest <ha...@laposte.net> on 2013/01/14 21:42:28 UTC

Bug list in release notes: why bugzilla account needed?

Here is a message on the forum about the necessity to have a login to view the list of the bug fixes:
http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=58749

Indeed, why is it mandatory to have an account to view the bug list?
This is not user-friendly.

Can the policy be changed?

Hagar

Re: Bug list in release notes: why bugzilla account needed?

Posted by Hagar Delest <ha...@laposte.net>.
Thanks Pedro.

Whatever the reason is (policy or design), it is a rather strange concept (to hide searches).
But if change is to come soon, then wait and see.

Hagar

Posted by Hagar Delest <ha...@laposte.net>.
Le 14/01/2013 22:44, Dave Fisher a écrit :
> The solution is already found on the Forum. Here is a shortened version of the long unsaved version.
>
>   http://s.apache.org/xLN

This return no hit at all.

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
The solution is already found on the Forum. Here is a shortened version of the long unsaved version.

 http://s.apache.org/xLN

Regards,
Dave

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi -

Posted by Hagar Delest <ha...@laposte.net>.
Le 14/01/2013 23:05, Kay Schenk a écrit :
>> Here is the link found by acknak on the forum:
>> https://issues.apache.org/ooo/query.cgi?bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED&f0=OP&f1=OP&f2=flagtypes.name&f3=flagtypes.name&f4=bug_severity&f5=CP&f6=CP&j1=OR&o2=equals&o3=equals&query_format=advanced&v2=3.4.1_release_blocker%2B&v3=3.4.1_release_blocker%3F
>>

>> Hagar
>
> Hi -- with the above link, I require no login and get 69 entries returned.
>
> I have no explanation concerning my good luck, but this is my experience.
>
> I do recall the required login situation from a few months back, however. So, maybe something HAS changed with BZ.
>
> We may need more experimenters to ascertain this, or not as the case may be.
>
> I'm on Linux with Firefox 18.0

Of course it works. This link has been tested first.
Perhaps Dave took that link and took the resulting one after hitting the search button.

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

On 01/14/2013 01:55 PM, Hagar Delest wrote:
> Le 14/01/2013 22:35, Dave Fisher a écrit :
>
>> OK.
>>
>> On the wiki page change the bugzilla search to
>> https://issues.apache.org/ooo/buglist.cgi?namedcmd=Resolved341ReleaseBlocker
>>

>> No login required.
>
> This returns more than 500 hits.
>
> Here is the link found by acknak on the forum:
> https://issues.apache.org/ooo/query.cgi?bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED&f0=OP&f1=OP&f2=flagtypes.name&f3=flagtypes.name&f4=bug_severity&f5=CP&f6=CP&j1=OR&o2=equals&o3=equals&query_format=advanced&v2=3.4.1_release_blocker%2B&v3=3.4.1_release_blocker%3F
>

> Hagar

Hi -- with the above link, I require no login and get 69 entries returned.

I have no explanation concerning my good luck, but this is my experience.

I do recall the required login situation from a few months back,
however. So, maybe something HAS changed with BZ.

We may need more experimenters to ascertain this, or not as the case may be.

I'm on Linux with Firefox 18.0

MzK

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."
                                  -- Aesop

Re: Bug list in release notes: why bugzilla account needed?

Posted by Hagar Delest <ha...@laposte.net>.

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
OK.

Posted by Larry Gusaas <la...@gmail.com>.
On 2013-01-14 3:35 PM Dave Fisher wrote:
> OK.
>
> On the wiki page change the bugzilla search to https://issues.apache.org/ooo/buglist.cgi?namedcmd=Resolved341ReleaseBlocker
>
> No login required.

That URL gives a list saying "This result was limited to 500 bugs".
The link on the release note page,  http://s.apache.org/Huv , gives a list of 69 bugs found.
This is a list for Bug List: Resolved341ReleaseBlocker. Your list seems to be for all fixed
bugs, not the ones fixed for 3.4.1.

--
_________________________________

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com

Re: Bug list in release notes: why bugzilla account needed?

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Pedro Giffuni <pf...@apache.org>.

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.
Easy solution.