Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Robert Swan <rs...@nskinc.com> on 2006/10/02 18:57:21 UTC

Razor removal

I have a legitimate client that I receive e-mail from and they are
listed by Razor (sourceforge.net), among other things. Does any know how
to get someone off of Razor's list? Any help would be appreciated.

 pts rule name              description

---- ----------------------

-2.6 BAYES_00               BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 0 to 1%

                            [score: 0.0000]

 1.5 TINY_FONT_SIZE_2       RAW: Body contains very small text.

 4.0 RAZOR2_CHECK           Listed in Razor2 (http://razor.sf.net/)

 1.5 RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_E4_51_100 Razor2 gives engine 4 confidence level

                            above 50%

                            [cf: 100]

 0.5 RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_51_100 Razor2 gives confidence level above 50%

                            [cf: 100]

 2.8 RATWARE_OUTLOOK_NONAME Bulk email fingerprint (Outlook no name)

                            found

 1.7 MSGID_DOLLARS          Message-Id has pattern used in spam

 1.9 RATWARE_MS_HASH        Bulk email fingerprint (msgid ms hash) found

Thanks in advance,

Robert Swan

Re: Razor removal

Posted by Kelson <ke...@speed.net>.
Robert Swan wrote:
> I have a legitimate client that I receive e-mail from and they are
> listed by Razor (sourceforge.net), among other things. Does any know how
> to get someone off of Razor’s list? Any help would be appreciated.

Razor doesn't list senders.  It analyzes the message body, generates a
set of "fingerprints," then compares them to a database of reported spam.

Note that your sample message also triggers several other mailer-related
spam signs, which suggests they may be using dodgy bulk mailing software:

--
Kelson Vibber

Re: Razor removal

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.org>.

http://razor.sourceforge.net/docs/doc.php?type=pod&name=razor-whitelist

--
"This message was sent using 100% recycled spam mails."

RE: Razor removal

Posted by "Coffey, Neal" <nc...@langeveld.com>.
Robert Swan wrote:
> I have a legitimate client that I receive e-mail from and they are
listed
> by Razor (sourceforge.net), among other things. Does any know how to
get
> someone off of Razor's list? Any help would be appreciated.

As has been pointed out, Razor does not have a "list" that they put
senders on. If you'd like to whitelist SourceForge, I suggest creating a
rule like this (I haven't tested this):

header __FROM_SF_RCVD Received =~ /sourceforge\.net/
header __FROM_SF_MSGID Message-ID =~ /\@sourceforge\.net/
meta FROM_SOURCEFORGE (__FROM_SF_RCVD && __FROM_SF_MSGID &&
RAZOR2_CHECK)
score FROM_SOURCEFORGE -10.0
describe FROM_SOURCEFORGE Compensate for SourceForge's broken emails

You'll have to look at some actual messages from them and make sure that
it'll match.

Anecdote: I had to do something similar for messages sent from our sales
guys' Blackberries, which tend to trigger INVALID_DATE and
MIME_BASE64_TEXT.  So then when they start talking about product stock
levels and trigger SARE_MLH_Stock1 and some other rules, they sometimes
get marked as junk.