Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by hugo <hu...@geoinformex.com> on 2002/08/30 10:08:46 UTC

admin page - username and password?

Hi

Perhaps the problem that I cannot execute any jsp files from a projects
directory (see previous email) I made under webapps in tomcat stems from
the fact that I have to add a new context for the projects directory?

But when I go to webapps/admin, I am asked for a administrator username
and password. This is rather frustrating as I was never asked to supply
one in the first place!

Does anyone know the "default username and password for the
administrator at the /webapps/admin pages?

Help!!!!

Thanks

Hugo

--
Dr Hugo Bouckaert
Systems and Programming Engineer

GeoInformatics Exploration Australia P/L
57 Havelock St
West Perth, WA 6005
PO Box 1675, West Perth 6872

Ph:       61 08 9420 7400
Fax:      61 08 9226 1299

www.geoinformex.com

This email and any attachments may be confidential or legally
privileged. If you received this message in error or are not the
intended recipient, you should destroy the e-mail message and any
attachments or copies, and you are prohibited from retaining,
distributing, disclosing or using any information contained herein.
Please inform us of the erroneous delivery by return e-mail. Thank you
for your cooperation.

Re: admin page - username and password?

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
Go to http://localhost:8080/
Read the page

They were nice enough to tell you exactly what you need to know in order
to get it going.

Posted by Andrew Conrad <an...@attbi.com>.
Actually, for the admin page, you need to add admin to the roles.

ie:

<user name='Britney' password='Spears' roles='admin,goddess' />

Posted by Steven Van Loon <st...@pi.be>.
Hugo,