Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Luca Ventura <ve...@libero.it> on 2002/06/07 08:27:55 UTC

HELP!! I need urgent information about Tomcat's configuration

Hello everybody!

I have the following problem....

I have installed Internet Information Services (IIS) as Web Server on my
local machine and Apache Tomcat 4.0 as plug-in of IIS to support
JSP-Servlets (to do this I installed an ISAPI filter in IIS that redirects
all my JSP-servlet requests to Tomcat). Until now my Web Server's name was
set as "localhost" but now I have the need to change it because I want to
have an Internet domain, es: www.mydomain.com

So I need to know the following information:

1)How can I set in my Web Server (IIS) a different name (that is to say
"www.mydomain.com" instead of "localhost").

2)What changes must I do in Tomcat's configuration files (server.xml and so
on) to make it go on working correctly as plug-in of IIS (given that the
server name will change I suspect I must change anything in Tomcat's
configuration).

3)Even if I set Tomcat 4 as plug-in of IIS I have seen that it starts in
"Standalone mode" (that is to say as a Web Server) on port 9000, so I would
like to know:

a) How can I avoid that Tomcat starts in Standalone mode too?
b) How can I close an opened port in Tomcat 4.0 (I don't want that someone
uses an opened port, eg: 9000, to attack my system!)?

Thanks a lot in advance!

                                             Luca