Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Karsten Bräckelmann <gu...@rudersport.de> on 2009/09/30 20:53:45 UTC

[OT] Re: unsubscribe

This thread is way off-topic -- it should better be googled for on any
random list, rather than re-iterating the arguments over and over.
Anyone thinks he can contribute something new that hasn't been mentioned
on lists for years?

EOT, please.

> > > If you want to tell somebody how to unsubscribe, please do it off
> > > list. [...]

IMHO replying to the OP and the list is better, so everyone else knows
the OP already has been told how to do it. Without Cc'ing the list, the
OP might get hundreds of identical replies -- or none.

> > But I agree, a better solution is to have the list server 'reject'
> > unsubscribe messages. :)
>
> A better solution would be to automatically handle the request as it was
> intended.

Please keep in mind, we (as in the SA team) do not run the list server.
We are using the ASF infrastructure. There is no way for us to do any
such customizations.