Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Ben Stopford <be...@confluent.io> on 2017/01/04 17:24:08 UTC

[VOTE] Vote for KIP-101 - Leader Epochs

Hi All

We’re having some problems with this thread being subsumed by the [Discuss] thread. Hopefully this one will appear distinct. If you see more than one, please use this one.

KIP-101 should now be ready for a vote. As a reminder the KIP proposes a change to the replication protocol to remove the potential for replicas to diverge.

The KIP can be found here:  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-101+-+Alter+Replication+Protocol+to+use+Leader+Epoch+rather+than+High+Watermark+for+Truncation <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-101+-+Alter+Replication+Protocol+to+use+Leader+Epoch+rather+than+High+Watermark+for+Truncation>

Please let us know your vote.

Re: [VOTE] Vote for KIP-101 - Leader Epochs

Posted by Apurva Mehta <ap...@confluent.io>.
Looks good to me!

+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Apurva Mehta <ap...@confluent.io>.
Looks good to me!

Posted by Tom Crayford <tc...@heroku.com>.
+1

Posted by Tom Crayford <tc...@heroku.com>.
+1

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.
+1 - thanks for tackling those old and painful bugs!

On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 9:24 AM, Ben Stopford <be...@confluent.io> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> We’re having some problems with this thread being subsumed by the [Discuss] thread. Hopefully this one will appear distinct. If you see more than one, please use this one.
>
> KIP-101 should now be ready for a vote. As a reminder the KIP proposes a change to the replication protocol to remove the potential for replicas to diverge.
>
> The KIP can be found here:  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-101+-+Alter+Replication+Protocol+to+use+Leader+Epoch+rather+than+High+Watermark+for+Truncation <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-101+-+Alter+Replication+Protocol+to+use+Leader+Epoch+rather+than+High+Watermark+for+Truncation>
>
> Please let us know your vote.

Gwen Shapira
Product Manager | Confluent
650.450.2760 | @gwenshap
Follow us: Twitter | blog

Re: [VOTE] Vote for KIP-101 - Leader Epochs

Posted by Ben Stopford <be...@confluent.io>.
OK - my mistake was mistaken! There is consensus. This KIP has been
accepted.

Posted by Ben Stopford <be...@confluent.io>.

Posted by Ben Stopford <be...@confluent.io>.

Posted by Ben Stopford <be...@confluent.io>.

Posted by Ben Stopford <be...@confluent.io>.

Posted by Ben Stopford <be...@confluent.io>.

Posted by Ben Stopford <be...@confluent.io>.

Posted by Ben Stopford <be...@confluent.io>.

Posted by Joel Koshy <jj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joel Koshy <jj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joel Koshy <jj...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io>.
Hi, Ben,

Posted by Ben Stopford <be...@confluent.io>.
Hi Jun

Posted by Ben Stopford <be...@confluent.io>.
Hi Jun

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io>.
Hi, Ben,

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io>.
Hi, Ben,

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.
+1 - thanks for tackling those old and painful bugs!

On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 9:24 AM, Ben Stopford <be...@confluent.io> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> We’re having some problems with this thread being subsumed by the [Discuss] thread. Hopefully this one will appear distinct. If you see more than one, please use this one.
>
> KIP-101 should now be ready for a vote. As a reminder the KIP proposes a change to the replication protocol to remove the potential for replicas to diverge.
>
> The KIP can be found here:  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-101+-+Alter+Replication+Protocol+to+use+Leader+Epoch+rather+than+High+Watermark+for+Truncation <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-101+-+Alter+Replication+Protocol+to+use+Leader+Epoch+rather+than+High+Watermark+for+Truncation>
>
> Please let us know your vote.

Gwen Shapira
Product Manager | Confluent
650.450.2760 | @gwenshap