Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Taylor Lookabaugh <je...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/13 12:32:47 UTC

svnversion breaks after copying checked out repo

Error: svn: E200030: sqlite: callback requested query abort

Steps to reproduce bug: 1: checkout svn repo. 2: copy the checked out
repo. 3: run
                        "svnversion" in the copy

versions:

sqlite - 4.7.0
subversion - 1.7.4

--
Taylor Lookabaugh

Re: AW: svnversion breaks after copying checked out repo

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.
On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 10:46:42AM -0700, Taylor Lookabaugh wrote:
> I'm sorry, a couple clarifications:
>
> I use sqlite 4.7.11, not 4.7.0

You mean sqlite-3.7.11? If so, it could be this problem:
http://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2012-04/0416.shtml

Please downgrade to sqlite-3.7.10 until 3.7.12 is available.

Re: AW: svnversion breaks after copying checked out repo

Posted by Taylor Lookabaugh <je...@gmail.com>.
On 04/13/12 05:48, Markus Schaber wrote:
> Hi, Taylor,
>
> Von: Stefan Sperling [mailto:stsp@elego.de]
>> On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 03:32:47AM -0700, Taylor Lookabaugh wrote:
>>> Error: svn: E200030: sqlite: callback requested query abort
>>>
>>> Steps to reproduce bug: 1: checkout svn repo. 2: copy the checked out
>>> repo.
>> Small note on terminology: While you check out from a "repository", what
>> you've checked out is called a "working copy".
>>
>>> 3: run
>>>                         "svnversion" in the copy
>>>
>>> versions:
>>>
>>> sqlite - 4.7.0
>>> subversion - 1.7.4
>> I cannot reproduce the problem. I get the expected svnversion output.
>>
>> Are you aware of the yellow box at
>> http://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.7.html#single-db ?
>> Was the working copy accessed by a Subversion client while being copied?
> Just as a side-note: On Windows, if you installed TortoiseSVN, TSVNCache.exe is such a process which works in the background.
>
> Other tools for other operating systems may exist, too.
>
> Best regards
>
> Markus Schaber
I'm sorry, a couple clarifications:

I use sqlite 4.7.11, not 4.7.0

I use the subversion client(Apache) in the command line in Linux.

While svnversion works in the working copy, however, it doesn't work in
the "copied" working copy. It must also be noted that the sqlite db in
.svn/wc.db is ok in the "copied" working copy.

And no I was not aware of the yellow box, thanks for pointing that out.

--
Taylor Lookabaugh

AW: svnversion breaks after copying checked out repo

Posted by Markus Schaber <m....@3s-software.com>.
Hi, Taylor,

Von: Stefan Sperling [mailto:stsp@elego.de]
> On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 03:32:47AM -0700, Taylor Lookabaugh wrote:
> > Error: svn: E200030: sqlite: callback requested query abort
> >
> > Steps to reproduce bug: 1: checkout svn repo. 2: copy the checked out
> > repo.
>
> Small note on terminology: While you check out from a "repository", what
> you've checked out is called a "working copy".
>
> > 3: run
> >                        "svnversion" in the copy
> >
> > versions:
> >
> > sqlite - 4.7.0
> > subversion - 1.7.4
>
> I cannot reproduce the problem. I get the expected svnversion output.
>
> Are you aware of the yellow box at
> http://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.7.html#single-db ?
> Was the working copy accessed by a Subversion client while being copied?

Just as a side-note: On Windows, if you installed TortoiseSVN, TSVNCache.exe is such a process which works in the background.

Other tools for other operating systems may exist, too.

Best regards

Markus Schaber
--
___________________________
We software Automation.

3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH
Markus Schaber | Developer
Memminger Str. 151 | 87439 Kempten | Germany | Tel. +49-831-54031-0 | Fax +49-831-54031-50

Email: m.schaber@3s-software.com | Web: http://www.3s-software.com
CoDeSys internet forum: http://forum.3s-software.com
Download CoDeSys sample projects: http://www.3s-software.com/index.shtml?sample_projects

Managing Directors: Dipl.Inf. Dieter Hess, Dipl.Inf. Manfred Werner | Trade register: Kempten HRB 6186 | Tax ID No.: DE 167014915

Re: svnversion breaks after copying checked out repo

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.