Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Leo Asanov <la...@ansvar.com.au> on 2007/10/02 09:42:18 UTC

how to get a dynamic form bean object if it's not linked to the action

Hi,

I've got the survey-like application. Survey is divided into several
pages and each of those is represented by a dynamic action form. All
forms are stored in the session.
Once survey is completed it's stored in the database and anyone can go
back at any time, retrieve his/her results, change them and re-submit.

My problem is in pre-loading forms with database data. The most
convenient way is to pre-load all forms with data once and then redirect
control to the "normal" survey flow. The problem is though that I can't
find a way to create a dynamic action form which is not linked to the
current action. Let's say action "LoadSurvey" has to create/get action
form beans (which are defined in Struts configuration of course)
"DForm1", "DForm2", etc. Is there a way to do it?

Cheers,
Leo

You will note this email address may have changed.  Please update your records accordingly.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of this message is unauthorised. If you have received this message in error, please reply using the sender's email address.

This footnote confirms that this email message has been scanned for computer viruses. Ansvar Insurance Limited does not accept liability for any loss or damage, whether caused by our own negligence or not, that results from a computer virus or defect in the transmission of this email or any attached file.

Ansvar Insurance Limited - Australia (A.B.N. 21 007 216 506)
Email : insure@ansvar.com.au

Ansvar Insurance Limited - New Zealand
Email : insure@ansvar.co.nz