Posted to log4net-dev@logging.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2011/08/17 14:30:42 UTC

New versions in JIRA

Hi,

I've created new versions in JIRA eligible for "target version" that I'd
like to use to classify issues.  They are not meant to be real software
versions; if and when we do releases after 1.2.11 we'd pick issues from
there and re-assign them.

* 1.2 maintentance

  for everything that could be fixed/added in a backwards compatible way
  to 1.2.x after 1.2.11

  We may be willing to accept minor incompatibilies here, it depends.

* 2.0

  everything that requires .NET 2.0

* 3.5

  everything that requires .NET 3.5

* 4.0

  everything that requires .NET 4.0

Those later three may never come to existence or if a poll tells us we
don't need a 3.5 version then we'd move all issues from there to 4.0
later.

We need to triage the bugs and in the end I'd love to have each issue
examined and assigned to one of these versions (or 1.2.11) so we know
which issues haven't been looked at so far.

Does that make sense?

Stefan

RE: New versions in JIRA

Posted by Roy Chastain <Ro...@roychastain.org>.