Posted to dev@deltaspike.apache.org by it...@daimler.com on 2013/11/22 13:37:26 UTC

deltaspike-cdictrl-owb for WebSphere Application Server 8.0.x

Hello everybody,

I've come across a situation where we were in the need to use the cdictrl-api within WebSphere Server 8.0.x. Our use case was the integration of Disruptor, an implementation of a threaded ringbuffer. Unfortunately, no contexts are started within the working threads, so we implemented an interceptor to allow context start for the run-methods.

I've tried to use deltaspike-cdictr-owb version 0.6-SNAPSHOT at first, but came across an issue, that the underlying OWB-version is too new for WebSphere 8. I've copied the implementation and created deltaspike-cdictrl-was80.

If you would like to have this in the line, drop me a note. It requires a dependency to openwebbeans-impl and api of version 1.0.0, even though the MANIFEST.MF file shows that all exported packages of org.apache.webbeans have a version of 1.1.0. Typically IBM I must say.

Best regards,

Heiko

--
Dr.-Ing. Heiko Kopp / Fa. Vision iT media GmbH

Re: deltaspike-cdictrl-owb for WebSphere Application Server 8.0.x

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Hi Heiko!

Great stuff!
Can you share the sources?
The API for starting and stopping contexts in OWB did not change since 1.0 I think. But on WAS-8.0.0.6 I had the problem that Resource injection was not available in that new thread, and thus it did not work for me.
I got pointed to the class [1] by a friendly committer colleague from IBM but did not have time to fully test it out.
We might add such cdictrl backend to apache.extras as I fear those IBM classes are not available for everyone ;)

txs and LieGrue,
strub

[1] http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v8r0/topic/com.ibm.websphere.javadoc.doc/web/spidocs/com/ibm/websphere/asynchbeans/package-summary.html