Posted to users@camel.apache.org by sekaijin <je...@sap.aphp.fr> on 2012/11/19 16:51:56 UTC

Christian Schneider Karaf Tutorial Part 6 - Database Access problem

Hello,
I did the tutorial christian with many dificultées.

Thank you because it is clear.
My goal is to make a bundle jms2jpa with a model with many relationship. I
had a lot of pb to get it to work.

I tried many solutions found on the net and I got to do work.
I intended to recover the historical Karaf list of features and bundles that
I have installed. but I had an OutOfMemory and I lost history
the platform does not rebooting I returned to zero by following step by step
tutorial.

but it does not work with JPA
the list of deployed bundles

the error is
I think I'm missing a bundle but I do not find that
thank to help me
A+JYT

Re: Christian Schneider Karaf Tutorial Part 6 - Database Access problem

Posted by sekaijin <je...@sap.aphp.fr>.
Thank for all

I'm running karaf pltaform like servicemix 4.0 I.E. karaf 2.2.2 and camel
2.8.1
and camel-jpa 2.8.1 define Apache ServiceMix :: Specs :: Java Persistence
API 1.4 (1.8.0)
not Apache Geronimo JSR-317 JPA 2.0 Spec API (1.1)

I've defined a hermes-jpa features initialy for jpa jndi transaction
camel-jap and all other dependencies required.

I've changed it to
it just a remplacement of camel-jap without
org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.openjpa/1.2.1_2
and
mvn:org.apache.servicemix.specs/org.apache.servicemix.specs.java-persistence-api-1.1.1/1.8.0
and with jpa jndi transaction and mvn:org.apache.openjpa/openjpa/2.1.1

this work perfectly
thank

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Sounds good.

You can do cat on the mvn: urls of the repos and grep for the bundle uri.

Christian

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Camel use the "Apache Geronimo JSR-317 JPA 2.0 Spec API (1.1)" bundle in
its camel-jpa component [1] too.

[1]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/trunk/platforms/karaf/features/src/main/resources/features.xml

Best,
Christian

Posted by sekaijin <je...@sap.aphp.fr>.
Hello,
I'd actually several versions of JPA

in bundles

I uninstalled Apache Geronimo JSR-317 JPA 2.0 Spec API (1.1)
but this does not change.

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
could you execute: exports | grep "javax.persistence.spi"

What do you see?

Best,
Christian

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Hi,

the exception

Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceProviderImpl cannot be cast to javax.persistence.spi.PersistenceProvider

typically means that you have two interfaces PeristenceProvider on your
classpath. So either there are two bundles that export this package or
you have the package exported by jre.properties and by a bundle.

Christian