Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2014/08/16 00:05:53 UTC

[Nutch Wiki] Update of "ThirdReport" by LewisJohnMcgibbney

Dear Wiki user,

The "ThirdReport" page has been changed by LewisJohnMcgibbney:
https://wiki.apache.org/nutch/ThirdReport?action=diff&rev1=12&rev2=13

  == Review of Previous Actions ==

-  * Change entire build structure to Ant + Ivy as per existing 2.x codebase
+  * --(Change entire build structure to Ant + Ivy as per existing 2.x codebase)--
   * Implement seed information upload using REST API
-  * Create embedded database for storing crawls, user credentials, and so on
+  * --(Create embedded database for storing crawls, user credentials, and so on)--
-  * Write tests and some documentation/javadoc
+  * --(Write tests and some documentation/javadoc)--

  == Objectives ==

@@ -41, +41 @@

  === Add some security support ===
  The main problem concerning security in this project is how much security we want. Actually, we already have embedded database support, so it's possible to create system with a roles, users and so on. Or we can stick with just a simple username/password without separate users.
+
  === Run application on ASF dedicated virtual machine ===
+
+ TBC by lewismc once code has been committed to codebase and we are ready to deploy the server.

  === Cover application with unit tests ===
  Tests are quite important. I had tried to develop this application with TDD approach, but I'd failed it because of continuous refactorings. Anyway, I would cover application with tests when codebase will be stable enough.