Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Andreas Ek <an...@bredband.net> on 2001/07/26 19:32:32 UTC

Database connection in a tag

Hi!
I'm new on this, so perhaps it is a very simple answer to it?

I'm writing a tag that catches some data in a database. Everytime I make a call to that tag in my JSP code the database must be opened. This makes my handmade tag very slow when having lots of them. Is there any way to open the database for comming tag of the same kind?

I've tried sessions, statics, constructors, etc.

(I don't want to use the sql tag because of complicated jsp-coding for the users)

Any idéas?

Regards,
Andreas Ek.