Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by "Saxena, Shishir" <Sh...@csx.com> on 2016/05/31 19:08:10 UTC

DistributedMapCacheServer

Hi,
  I have a use case where I am looking to store only one attribute from my flowfile to DistributedMapCacheServer. My flowfile is potentially large so I am not looking to push complete flowfile to DistributedMapCacheServer.  At a quick glance, it looks like I can store complete flowfile using PutDistributedMapCache and retrieve complete flowfile using FetchDistributedMapCache. Can I only store specific attribute ?

Is there a way to do it ?

Thanks for everyone's help.

Shishir Saxena

This email transmission and any accompanying attachments may contain CSX privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the intended addressee. Any dissemination, distribution, copying or action taken in reliance on the contents of this email by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please immediately delete it and notify sender at the above CSX email address. Sender and CSX accept no liability for any damage caused directly or indirectly by receipt of this email.

RE: DistributedMapCacheServer

Posted by "Saxena, Shishir" <Sh...@csx.com>.
Thanks Bryan. I will try it and let you know.

Thanks again for your help.

Shishir
Not totally sure if this will work for every case, but at some point in your flow you could split off and send a flow file to ReplaceText, and set the Replacement Value to ${your.attribute} to overwrite the content of that flow file with your attribute value, from there send to PutDistributedMapCache.

Would that work for your scenario?

Thanks,

Bryan

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.