Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Charles Harvey III <ch...@alloy.com> on 2006/07/28 00:21:45 UTC

maven-war-plugin 2.0.1 not copying xml files

Hello.
I am trying to build a war with:

 > mvn war:exploded
 > mvn war:inplace
 > mvn war:war

And, no matter how I configure it, only .properties files get copied from
my src/main/resources directory into the webapp/WEB-INF/classes/.

<plugins>
  <plugin>
    <version>2.0.1</version>
    <configuration>
      <webResources>
        <resource>
          <targetPath>WEB-INF/classes</targetPath>
          <filtering>true</filtering>
          <includes>
            <include>**/*</include>
          </includes>
        </resource>
      </webResources>
    </configuration>
  </plugin>
</plugins>

When I set it up this way, it copes all the files from src/main/resources
into the root directory of the webapp.  If I don't have this <plugin>
declaration
(which I should not need because everything is in the default location),
only
.properties files are copied over.

Is there something I am doing wrong?  When I put this config in, it says:
"Copy webapp webResources to
workspace\projectname\target\projectname-1.0" TWICE.
If I leave it out, I only see it once.  It doesn't say it is copying it
to the
WEB-INF/classes directory.

Any help is much appreciated.

Charlie

Re: maven-war-plugin 2.0.1 not copying xml files

Posted by Charles Harvey III <ch...@alloy.com>.
D'oh!  Knew it was going to be something stupid like not reading
the instructions.

Thanks.

Charlie

Posted by Pete Marvin King <la...@gmail.com>.