Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/04 11:37:51 UTC

Adding TUSCANY-3698 fix to 1.6.1?

I've committed the TUSCANY-3698 fix from Padraig Myers to 2.x and will
to 1.x once i can get a build through, whats the status of 1.6.1? Is
it too late for that or can i merge this to the 1.6.1 branch? Its just
a change to the jms module code and a couple of itest updates for the
new message format so it should be harmless.

   ...ant

Re: Adding TUSCANY-3698 fix to 1.6.1?

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@apache.org>.
ant elder wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 3:40 PM, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I've been diverted from 1.6.1 for the last few days.  I'll be able to get
>>> back to it later today and I'm hoping to create a first RC tomorrow.
>>> If that doesn't happen, my next opportunity will be next Tuesday as I'm
>>> away for a few days over the weekend.
>>>
>>> The TUSCANY-3698 fix sounds fairly low risk, but with any change there's
>>> a chance of problems.  Are you able to run a full 1.6.1 build with the
>>> fix merged in and also re-run the JMS-related samples on 1.6.1 to make
>>> sure the fix doesn't cause any problems?  If it passes these tests and
>>> can be merged in by the end of today, I should be able to pick it up for
>>> the first RC.
>>>
>>>  Simon
>>>

>> Ok I've committed it to 1.x trunk and have locall merged to 1.6.1 and
>> am presently testing that, taking a while to get a build through but
>> hope to let you know its all fine by later today.
>>
>>   ...ant
>>

> Looks ok to me so have committed to 1.6.1 branch in r1005108.
>
>    ...ant

Thanks for doing this.  I have picked up the change and it seems fine.

I was hoping to spend today building the RC.  Instead my "sanity check" build
with JDK 5 ran into problems when building the itests (see TUSCANY-3706) and
I'm straightening this out now.  So far I've made local fixes to 11 poms and
I'm still seeing problems.  I'll have this fixed by the end of today, but I
won't be able to get the RC out until next week.

   Simon

Re: Adding TUSCANY-3698 fix to 1.6.1?

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.