Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Ming Han Teh <te...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/03 23:38:35 UTC

Add jar file for spark interpreter use

Hi,

I am trying to add a jar file which contains a UDF to be used in the
zeppelin spark interpreter.

Is there a difference between the below two approaches:

*Approach 1)*

%dep
z.load("somefile")

*Approach 2)*

sc.addJar("somejar")

The first approach appears to load the jar file, but %sql fails to work
after that.
The second approach doesn't work for me.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ming Han

Re: Add jar file for spark interpreter use

Posted by Alex <ab...@nflabs.com>.
Hi,

first approach supposed to work, right now there is an open issue to track the progress of fixing it https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-194

--
Kind regards,
Alexander

Posted by Ming Han Teh <te...@gmail.com>.
I am using Spark in standalone mode. I am not using YARN. Thanks.

Posted by ๏̯͡๏ <ÐΞ€ρ@Ҝ>, de...@gmail.com.

--
Deepak