Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by U K Laxmi <la...@yahoo.com> on 2005/05/10 08:57:41 UTC

Free reporting s/w that works with apache+tomcat

I'm developing a web application using apache+tomcat
on windows 2000 machine. I'm using Ms Access 2003 as
the backend. I'm using JSP for developing web
application. I'm developing some web based reports in
HTML. But when i export them to Excel, it doesn't look
exactly same as that of HTML report. Moreover i need
some header and footer information appear in the
report. That i'm unable to achieve using JSP and HTML.

So, i'm looking for a free reporting software that can
meet above functionality and can work with
apache+tomcat. If anyone know any work worunds for my
problem, pls inform me. It will be a great help to me.

Thank you.

Re: Free reporting s/w that works with apache+tomcat

Posted by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com>.
Take a look at DataVision.  I think you'll like it.  I wrote an article
a while back specifically dealing with using it in web applications.
Although the article uses servlets and you say your using JSPs (just
JSP's?) it should still be applicable.

http://www.omnytex.com/articles

Feel free to ping me if you decide to use it and need some help getting
going beyond the article and included documentation.

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect

Posted by David Johnson <d_...@cox-internet.com>.
They are unlikely to ever look "exactly" alike.  But, you can use a
java-ActiveX bridge (there are several) to build and manipulate an
excel spreadsheet as an object.  I have successfully used a library from
IBM AlphaWorks to do exactly this.  Sadly, the library I used was a
precursor to a commercial product so it is no longer free.

Good luck!

Posted by Marco Pöhler <li...@poehlerpoehler.de>.
May be DisplayTag and its export functionality can help you with
formating.

http://displaytag.sourceforge.net/

regards,

Marco