Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Kristofor Selden <ks...@oxygen.com> on 2000/10/17 01:30:57 UTC

BUG with Xalan not closing InputStream on fatal errors.

When giving Xalan a XSLTInputSource with a systemId (which is the ONLY
option if you want relative include and imports to work correctly) the
InputStream is not always closed by Xalan. This seems to always happen when
a fatal error occurs but I can't fix the problem because the JVM holds locks
on the files so I can't change the XSL unless I shutdown my Web server. When
using InputStreams or anything other input source besides a systemId I wish
you could set a base URL for xsl:import and xsl:include so I could close my
streams in a finally like they should be.

Kristofor Selden
Oxygen Media
206.301.5081