Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com> on 2006/06/09 12:56:45 UTC

[drlvm] what I'm doing...

I'm doing a few things.  I've set aside my drive to replace the build
for now, and just want to get it using current classlib as a start.

To that end, I'm :

- tweaking the build to accommodate the structural changes recently made
to classlib (hdk et al)
-  trying to normalize the use of apr (some expect to do <apr-/foo.h>
and some seem to do <foo.h>
- removing the classlib patching and JIRA additions

I'll commit once I get it back to stable and we can look at next steps...

geir

Re: [OT] mail configuration

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.
Nektarios K. Papadopoulos wrote:
> Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
>> [...]
>> Also, is there a way you can get your mail client to not quote what you
>> are replying to as an attachment?  If you notice in the message I'm
>> replying to, it appears that your sig and what you quoted is an
>> attachment.  It doesn't survive the "reply"
>>
> I don't think it is an attachment. It is just that the sig is placed
> before the quoted message, therefore your mail client discard it as part
> of the signature.

You are exactly right :)

I assume that Denis is using outlook - I've seen outlook do that, and I
never figured out how to fix it.

My apologies.

Is there a way to put the sig at the bottom?

> It would also be nice, if the apache mailing list mailer (EZMLM ???)
> could be configured so that the four line message appended to each post
> appears as sig, i.e. "-- " in the first line. In order to avoid being
> included in quoted replies ;-)

Hm.  It is part of the message though, not a sig.  I tend to just snip
them off manually.

geir

[OT] mail configuration (was: [drlvm] what I'm doing...)

Posted by "Nektarios K. Papadopoulos" <np...@inaccessnetworks.com>.
Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> [...]
> Also, is there a way you can get your mail client to not quote what you
> are replying to as an attachment?  If you notice in the message I'm
> replying to, it appears that your sig and what you quoted is an
> attachment.  It doesn't survive the "reply"

I don't think it is an attachment. It is just that the sig is placed
before the quoted message, therefore your mail client discard it as part
of the signature.

It would also be nice, if the apache mailing list mailer (EZMLM ???)
could be configured so that the four line message appended to each post
appears as sig, i.e. "-- " in the first line. In order to avoid being
included in quoted replies ;-)

> [...]

Nektarios K. Papadopoulos

Re: [drlvm] what I'm doing...

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.
Thanks, but I'm still in the middle.  I'll give a look, but I think I'm
ok.  (I just had a high interrupt rate this weekend, so my context
switches and family stuff slowed me down...)

I wish that whoever did this had chatted a bit on the list so we could
talk about things...

Re: [drlvm] what I'm doing...

Posted by Denis Sharypov <de...@gmail.com>.

--
Denis Sharypov,
Intel Middleware Products Division

Re: [drlvm] what I'm doing...

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.

Nataly Naumova wrote:
> On 6/9/06, Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com> wrote:
>> Sorry, I'm already wading through it.  I'll be happy to see it to use
>> for reference though.
>>
>> If someone is going to work on something, please speak up here first.
>>
>> geir
>>

> Hi all!
> I want to suggest the solution for getting rid of classlib building
> completely. It requires a little patching of the current build.
> The changes are the following:
> - remove all the classlib descriptors (make/components/classlib* )

I've done that

> - add the new descriptor for the classlib libraries copying (e.g.
> make/extra/classlib.xml), that will copy all the libraries from the
> built classlib
> - change a little several other descriptors: for vm.vmi, vm.hello and
> vm.kernel_classes to point to the classlib *.jar and *.lib
> and change win/lnx.properties to point to the fresh Harmony sources.
> So the build will work the following way:
> if one defines CLASSLIB_HOME property (from the command line or in
> property file), the build will take the libraries from it. If this
> property is unset or the classlib wasn't built, the build says that
> one should build the classlib first (which has been downloaded already
> during the "build update").
> But such solution requires the patching DRLVM first, as I suggested in
> Jira issue 601, because the current vm doesn't work with the fresh
> Harmony.

This is pretty much what I've done.  When I check it in later today (I'm
cleaning things up now...) we can pick at it and fix it.. :)

geir

Re: [drlvm] what I'm doing...

Posted by Nataly Naumova <na...@gmail.com>.

Re: [drlvm] what I'm doing...