Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Kenta Iwasaki <dr...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/17 20:01:34 UTC

Elixir/Erlang Apache Ignite Connector?

Hello,
Just wanted to ask if there has been any work so far on an Elixir/Erlang Ignite
connector as a strongly consistent in-memory database is something that would
pair really nicely with the fault tolerance and high availability given from
Erlang's OTP .
It seems that it is plausible to interface with Ignite so far using the ODBC
drivers with Ignite, though I do want to know how it compares in terms of
performance to using a native client library in Java/C++/etc.
If nobody's working on one, I'm up for writing a library to interface with
Ignite's ODBC driver and open-sourcing it.
Best regards,Kenta Iwasaki

Re: Elixir/Erlang Apache Ignite Connector?

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
2.4 (soon to be released) will have a binary protocol that will provide
limited API for various cache operations. Basically, you will be able to
create a socket, connect to Ignite server and then run this operations. Here
is the documentation (still work in progress, but gives a good idea about
what to expect):
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/binary-client-protocol#client-operations

-Val