Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Bernard Fay <be...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/06 21:09:34 UTC

[users@httpd] Need help to diagnose a problem with CustomLog

Hi,

I have a weird problem with CustomLog.

I defined an access log in a vhost configuration file.  This site used to
use /var/log/apache2/access_log.  I changed it to use "CustomLog
/var/log/apache2/www.services.cnt.qc/www.services.cnt.qc-access_log
combined"

For some odd reason, when I started Apache it created my desired access log
file but keep writing in /var/log/apache2/access_log.  I did stop and start
Apache2 but without success.

Does soemone know why?

What can be done to diagnose this problem?

I checked the configuration file many times and everything is ok.

Thanks in advance,
Bernard

Re: [users@httpd] Need help to diagnose a problem with CustomLog

Posted by Igor Cicimov <ic...@gmail.com>.
Maybe in some other config file that has been included in the main config
file via Include statement? I don't see any reason for apache to log
something unless told to.

Posted by Bernard Fay <be...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Igor for your reply,

Posted by Igor Cicimov <ic...@gmail.com>.