Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/14 16:05:14 UTC

Release profile

I've been updating the release profile in the build to try to make it
easier to do releases. What we want is minimal commands to get all the
artifacts signed and deployed but the release process currently has
quite a lot of manual steps. The release profile now tries to automate
all those steps, so you can just do mvn -Prelease and all the maven
artifacts and distributions will get built, signed, and uploaded to
the staging repository. There still a bit of clean up needed and
presently the distributions are getting included in the staging repo
so there is a manual step afterwards where you need to separate them
out of that (does anyone have any ideas how to avoid this?), but
already it should make it significantly easier to cut a release.

   ...ant

Re: Release profile

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.
I've just removed the hard coded altDeploymentRepository as it was
just for testing.

Right now if you do mvn -Prelease it will try to use Nexus as thats
the default config and that will fail as we don't yet have access till
the INFRA JIRA for that is done, so you need to specify the deployment
repo, eg:

 mvn -Prelease -DaltDeploymentRepository=apache.rsync::default::scp://people.apache.org/home/antelder/public_html/test/maven

or for testing you can use a local file system one

 mvn -Prelease -DaltDeploymentRepository=id::default::file:target/deploy

which will create a top level target/deploy folder containing the repo.

+1 on keeping the doc page in sync, and once we have this working well
I'd like to go through and simplify the doc as much as possible.

   ...ant

Re: Release profile

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.

> I've now added the RAT plugin to run as part of
> itest\distribution\legal-checks so it now automatically does the RAT
> checking there and will fail the build when there are RAT errors.

Nice

> In
> the plugin definition there are some excludes for few things that
> don't have headers so if other things like that get added we need to
> update that. Thats presently only checking the binary distribution so
> we still need to add something similar  for the source distribution.
>
> We should try to do this type of thing for as many as possible of the
> manual steps we currently have in the release process to make it easy
> and fast to cut a release, and try to avoid adding manual steps to the
> release process in the future.

+1

>   ...ant

Simon

Re: Release profile

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.
<ke...@apache.org> wrote:

> All the
> branch/tag creation and rat report stuff etc will need to remain in
> the doc.

I've now added the RAT plugin to run as part of
itest\distribution\legal-checks so it now automatically does the RAT
checking there and will fail the build when there are RAT errors. In

Re: Release profile

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@apache.org>.